Thursday, June 26, 2008

His Dreams

"And I will listen to His voice,
Could it be that He is only waiting there to see
If I will learn to love the dreams
that He has dreamed for me."
Twila Paris

This can be a very real challenge-at least in my Christian walk it is. Loving and embracing the dreams my Heavenly Father has for me require such full surrender of my dreams. It's surprising that I struggle with this as so often I look back at my life and marvel at how perfectly He has ordered my life. How faithless a child I am sometimes....
But after yet more refinement,I always walk away better for the refining. Amen!

From the kitchen:
Onion soup. I made this for the first time that I can remember last night and I highly recommend it. I can hardly believe an avid cook as myself waited so long to make this! Great served with cheese and crackers. And for the record the onions were harvested from our garden!

Pumpkin pie playdough. Find the recipe at http://www.likemerchantships.blogspot.com (November 2007). I mixed everything up before I put it in the saucepan and then heated it up. I had no "clumpiness" problem.We'll see how this works out. I'd gotten some tiny cross and an angel cookie cutters in a box of stuff I picked up second hand and these made cute cutouts. Any cookie cutters would be fun though and a little rolling pin is nice too.

And now I must leave you to change a dear baby. Soon I must update you on the wee one's desire to at least partially wean herself. I do learn something with each child!
Hasta Luego! Marcella

No comments: