Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Final Winter Story

Do you all remember how I've said that our children have spent most of their years growing up in Central America?(I keep wondering when I'll break down and just say ya'll...) Anyway,keep this in mind when reading this story...
We don't get an abundance of snow here in our corner of the Shenandoah Valley. But this particular day we had gotten enough that the boys got all suited up and went out to play. Sometime later I realized Jess was in retrieving something or the other and headed back out,muttering to himself "need to eat more carrots,need to eat more carrots".
(I guess someone had told him that eating carrots was good for the eyesight.)
And when he came in and went to the basement I think, he had trouble seeing and all.
I guess he'd never heard of snow blindness.

In His Love,
Marcella

No comments: