Wednesday, July 13, 2011

a list re: the last couple weeks or so...

In the past two weeks or so:
  • helped 3 loved ones get on planes and fly far away
  • had lots of guests in and out
  • have one visiting cat staying here
  • worked most days out of the house for short periods-hopefully this is almost over!
  • gotten sunburned
  • taken the crew to the pool on half price day
  • met up with friends!
  • helped the children set up two times with a lemonade stand
  • visited some friends' church and met interesting people
  • gone to a farm and worked in the art room making pottery
  • hosted a swap party and potluck dinner
  • finished a large poster on the fruit of the Spirit
  • taken the children to hear the Declaration of Independence read on the Fourth of July as a history lesson
  • figured out new stuff all by my lonesome!
  • taken 3 of the children to a celebration at our local co-op
  • laundry
  • and more.....
If I do say so myself,this list is not too shabby.
Today I took Squirrelgirl to do errands while the oldest three were gone to the woods with friends.
We were getting hungry and I thought about being my usual,practical save-money self and then decided to have a little date with my tyke.

We went to a new Carribean restaurant I have long wanted to visit.
And ordered a "batido". And an empanada.

All was well until Squirrelgirl spilled our "batido" everywhere!

Alls well that ends well, as the lady sweetly helped me clean up the mess.

Which leads me to the present, and lots of housework and an iced coffee...

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: