Tuesday, February 9, 2010

valentine letter

Dear Julia Charlotte,
A quick note in the box today with pics. Keep Jesus as the Center, Julia. Always. It will transform your life!

We made valentines at the community center last night-the three oldest children and me. It was fun. So much beautiful paper! Some of our beloved will find these at their house someday soon we hope!
The Two Year Old studying a card. SHE CAN BE SO EXHAUSTING YET LOVEABLE BEYOND MEASURE. dOES GOD FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT ME SOMETIMES TOO?

A valentine for my sweet dude....



Sweet mail in the mailbox.



Tea comes alongside snow weary folks. Tea is good.



We seem to have wet clothes drying all over the place!





I have challenged the children to listen to a full reading of this version of Homer. We are understanding better the ire against St. Paul as we observe the deep belief in gods and goddesses. As controversial as reading about gods and godesses may be,I admire the discipline it is taking for the children to listen and narrate back to me on this story.
I HEAR MORE SNOW IS ON THE WAY. I am glad you did not have too much rain. Make some chocolate cake and eat it in the sunshine and thank God for all your blessings. I will thank Him and hope to get a shot of the sunrise!
Pilgrimama






1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I love the Homer idea - I used to teach Classics - Scout read the The Tales from the Odyssey series by Mary Pope Osborne - and then the newer Percy Jackson series - all based on the - and you're right I love the theological discussions that ensue...