Friday, August 14, 2009

more birthday talk....

So, I finally talk about the birthday.... here's a sweet card lineup........
a flurry of unwrapping,

And here's that microwave cart I recently redid! It was a brown laminate cart,a sweet gift from a friend. But I like a very soothing feel around the house and it seemed the laminate and me were having a hard time getting along. So I sanded it down and used some "found" buckets of paint and bit of blue acrylic craft paint to get the finished product. More soothing,no??
Anyway,my birthday was lovely,filled with love,family, new friends,gifts and a lovely time spent together as a family in a nearby arboretum. We explored the labyrinth, picked a few remaining blackberries, and fed the ducks,catfish,and turtles,who all eagerly jockeyed to be fed.
Lee and the boys were wonderful,pulling it all off quite well. It was quite the birthday and completely done,our family style! They took me to a nearby thrift shop which is the best. It was shutting down for a bit to do renovations so most things were 50% off . So as you can imagine,I got some nifty deals!
So here's to love and charity, peace, joy, and all those fruits for the coming year, however the Lord leads.
In His Love!
Pilgrimama


No comments: