Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter from a parent's perspective

some of the hens and Rufus the rooster...
So Easter, one of my favorite times of the year, is over.
Praise God, Jesus is Alive!

This year I found myself really thinking about Easter from a parent's perspective,thinking of how Abba Father let His only child be cruelly killed.
I would shuddder to let one of my abundance of children go even for a "good" person's salvation.
The Father gave his only Son.
For anyone.
Stuart Townsend says it better.

"How deep the Father's love for us,
 How vast beyond all measure
 That He should give His only Son
 To make a wretch His treasure

 How great the pain of searing loss,
 The Father turns His face away
 As wounds which mar the chosen One,
 Bring many sons to glory"

There are no words for this kind of love.

And thank God for the beautiful sunshine this morning! I find it so cheering and cheerful!
Happy April,everyone!
I think we've gotten through the winter!
~pilgrimama

No comments: